LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Grown ups about the age of 50 can now get a 2nd booster dose of COVID-19 vaccine in Southern Nevada.
The Centers for Illness Handle and Avoidance announced the recommendation on Tuesday, adding that the 2nd booster shot is “particularly significant” for people older than 65 and for folks over 50 with fundamental health-related circumstances.
The doses are authorized for the accredited mRNA vaccines, Moderna and Pfizer. They are readily available to people today no matter of which vaccines they at first obtained, officers with the Southern Nevada Health and fitness District said.
Moderna boosters have been authorized for people today above the age of 18, and Pfizer boosters have been licensed for all those more mature than 12.
The Wellbeing District encouraged Clark County citizens who haven’t finished their vaccination to do so. To date, additional than 72% of qualified Clark County residents have gotten at least 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and a lot more than 58% have been absolutely vaccinated.
For these suitable, a second booster dose is offered at the Well being District’s clinics at the adhering to destinations:
- Arriba Las Vegas Worker Middle (3020 E. Bonanza Rd. Ste. 190)
- Boulevard Shopping mall (3528 S. Maryland Pkwy.)
- Centennial High College (10200 W. Centennial Pkwy.)
- Cheyenne High University (3200 W. Alexander Rd.)
- University of Southern Nevada – North Las Vegas (3200 E. Cheyenne Ave.)
- CSN – West Charleston (6375 W. Charleston Blvd.)
- Desert Pines Higher Faculty (3800 E. Harris Ave.)
- Divich Elementary Faculty (9851 Donald Nelson Ave.)
- Galleria at Sunset (1300 W. Sunset Rd.)
- Givens Elementary College (655 Park Vista Dr.)
- Sierra Vista Substantial Faculty (8100 W. Robindale Rd.)
- Southern Nevada Group Overall health Center (280 S. Decatur Blvd.)
For place hrs and additional information and facts, check out the Wellness District’s web-site listed here.