There is important news for those who are enrolled in Medicare from your local CPA. Open Enrollment period begins on October 15. You will now have the opportunity to make new choices for your plan. Medicare updates its plans with new coverage and costs with any change of health-care needs. It is your opportunity to change your health and prescription drug plans to ones which will fit your needs. You will have from October 15 – December 7, 2012 to make any important changes to your health plan.
What kinds of changes can you make to your Medicare plan?
* You will be able to join a prescription drug plan if you are not already enrolled.
* If you are enrolled in a prescriptions drug program, you will be able to switch to a different one which may suit your latest needs.
* If you do belong to a prescription plan but want to drop your coverage, now is your time.
* You can switch from Original Medicare to Medicare Advantage Plan.
* You can switch from Medicare Advantage Plan to Original Medicare
* If you are in Medicare Advantage Plan, you may change to another plan within the Medicare Advantage Plan.
* You can switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan which offers prescriptions drug coverage to one that does not.
* Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan which does not cover prescription drugs to one that does.
Look closely at the plan, especially if you have had any health related issues change since your last opportunity. Evaluate the coverage and if it fits your needs. Also look at costs; out of pocket and premium. Maybe you know that there will be some treatment in the near future which would best be covered by a different plan. This is the time to really looking into how much you are paying for premium costs and then determine if the out-of-pocket costs truly fit your needs. You may be able to find a different program which will suit your needs better and still make healthcare affordable.
In 2013 Medicare part B will be adding coverage for preventative services and treatments. You will no longer have out-of-pocket expenses with co-payment or deductible. Examples of services covered are: screening for alcohol misuse and/or counseling, cardiovascular disease, bone density, diabetes, colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, mammograms, obesity counseling and nutrition therapy. Get more information on other services which will be covered to make sure you sign up for the program which best fits your needs.
Many Medicare Prescription Drug Plans have temporary limits on prescription coverage for each plan. In 2013, this gap in coverage will begin after you have spent $2,970. The change in this plan will gradually help you by reducing out-of-pocket costs purchased with the gap. Read through each plan to see which program will fit your health needs concerning prescription drugs.
Making healthcare decisions can be confusing and complicated. Read your notices carefully and call Medicare of visit their website if you are having difficulties deciding what is right to you. Local CPAs and tax preparers are hoping that each of you will take advantage of this open enrollment and make the best decisions according to your personal health situation.
Advantages of Electronic Health Record System
Health Information at Your Fingertips
How a Melbourne Dating Coach Can Help You Find Love